Funai inkjet cartridges, combined with a robust Kao ink portfolio, provide leading-edge printing solutions for industrial printers.
Kao and Funai
Kao allied with Funai to deliver new inks targeted toward standard, solvent, and food grade market applications that support Funai’s drop-on-demand thermal inkjet (TIJ) printing solutions throughout the global market.
Kao’s water-based and solvent-based Funai ink formulations are available in black, process, or spot colours. A list of specialty and solvent inks is available upon request. The high-speed Funai systems often deliver at least double the printhead life expectancy when equipped with high-capacity ink delivery systems.
Markets and Industries Served
Funai industrial printers are one of the most widely used printing systems in the world. In addition, OEMs rely on Funai technology to build printing systems for specialty applications.
Common Funai printing applications
- Marking and coding
- Industrial labeling
- Food, pharmaceutical, and beverage packaging
Available Ink Formulations for Funai
While Thermal Inkjet Technology (TIJ) is used for water based and solvent based inks or speciality Inks, the broad range of ink formulations are
Water-based Funai Inks
- Dye black
- Pigment black
- Dye CMYK (process)
- Pigment CMYK process
- Spot colour
Solvent-based Funai Inks
- Process colours
- Spot colours
Specialty Funai Inks
- Invisible UV
- Invisible IR
- Visible Fluorescent
- Food grade
- Funai inks from Kao are packaged in newly-manufactured inkjet cartridges sourced directly from Funai factories, eliminating concern over cartridge reliability and ink performance with your Funai industrial inkjet printing systems.
- Funai’s revolutionary new print cartridges enable thermal inkjet printing on curved surfaces, delivering optimal results when paired with NEXXO ink from Kao.
- When paired with NEXXO ink, Funai systems produce high-resolution expiration dates and reliable 2D codes for printing food and pharmaceutical packaging.
- Funai’s new thermal inkjet cartridges are not degraded by aggressive solvent inks, enabling industrial printing on more substrates when using Funai inks like NEXXO.
Kao Bulk Supply Station provides a simple and flexible alternative to single inkjet cartridges for high-volume printing applications. These gravity-fed bulk ink supply systems offer numerous efficiencies that improve bottom-line results.
Custom Ink Formulation Available
Please browse our standard inks. If you’re unsure which ink is best for your application, please send us a sample of your substrate. An ink technician will promptly and thoroughly evaluate your needs and make an ink recommendation to match the printhead model and substrate. If one of our standard inks doesn’t meet your needs, our experienced chemists will customize one that will meet your requirements and specifications.