Wide-Format Printing Inks
Kao produces and supplies a variety of inkjet inks for single-pass, wide-format industrial printing systems. These cost-effective solutions include numerous formulations that support shorter production runs and add no setup cost for industrial inkjet printers.
Our catalogue of solvent, UV-curable, and water-based wide-format printing inks have been developed to meet the varying needs of industrial printers, including:
- Eco-friendly ink options
- Inks that print vibrant, highly accurate colours
- Inks with high durability and fade resistance
- Superior ink jet-ability that increases printhead performance
- Inks custom formulated for multiple wide-format printing systems
Wide-format printing inks from Kao are designed to support the industry’s most common and demanding printing applications, including:
- Point of Sale materials
- Corrugated cardboard and paperboard
- Flags and Banners
- Wallpaper and other decors
- Metal or acrylic sheets
- MDF (medium-density fiberboard)
Available Inks for Wide Format Printing
Kao offers several ink formulations for wide-format printing with thermal inkjet (TIJ) and Piezo inkjet printing systems, including:
- Solvent-based Wide Format Inks – These inks are lightfast and offer superior durability while supporting good adhesion, making them ideal for exterior use.
- UV-curable Wide-format Inks – These inks offer low odours and are highly durable, making them well suited for either interior or exterior environments.
- Hybrid Water-solvent Wide Format Inks – Need a water-solvent hybrid ink that offers the same performance and benefits as our other wide format inks? We can help you.
- Water-based Wide-format Inks – These inks offer a more sustainable and eco-friendly alternative to solvent-based inks for wide-format industrial printing.
Custom Ink Formulation
Please browse our catalogue of standard inks. If you’re unsure which ink is best for your application, please send us a sample of your substrate. An ink technician will promptly and thoroughly evaluate your needs and make an ink recommendation to match the printhead model and substrate.
If one of our standard inks doesn’t solve your needs, our experienced chemists will customise a solution that will meet your requirements and specifications.