Coatings, Additives & Flushing Solutions
Besides high-quality standard and custom inks, Kao produces solutions for enhancing the qualities of printed products. We also supply chemistry for flushing and cleaning printheads and replenishing or storing inks.
Inkjet Clear Coatings
Post-printing clear coating enhances the aesthetics of packaging, labelling, direct mail, and other products. Coatings can add a glossy appearance to a matte finish or the opposite, adding a matte finish to a glossy ink surface. Our coatings add to the finished product’s print durability to increase lightfastness and scratch and rub resistance. Coatings may create a barrier to reduce ink migration.*
Pre-coating with Kao inkjet primers improves the surface adhesion and durability of inkjet inks. Our primers extend the range of substrates that can be printed with a single type of ink. Ink-receptive primers improve print quality with increased drop sharpness. When ink absorption for porous substrates is a concern or enhanced adhesion for non-porous substrates using curable inks, our primers improve results.
CIJ Replenisher Make-up fluids
Kao supports high-speed continuous inkjet printing systems with superior quality replenishers and make-up fluids. We offer various packaging sizes to meet your production needs.
- Maintains ink consistency, specifications, and performance
- Ensures optimal printing results
- Lower downtime and maintenance
Kao produces flushing, cleaning, and ink-storage solutions for industrial inkjet printing using piezo technology that help maintain optimal performance of printing and equipment.
- Aqueous based flush/storage solutions for cleaning and flushing printheads
- UV/LED flush/storage solution specifically formulated for use with UV/LED curable inks
- Solvent-based flush used to flush solvent inks and clean printheads
- Oil-based solution to flush ink from the printhead, wiping nozzle plates, and cleaning ink residue
- Flush/Storage solution for ink storage and printhead maintenance
*These inks are produced by Kao and have undergone extensive lab and production testing. Third-party regulatory compliance testing may also be necessary for evaluating ink migration.